Monday, October 5, 2009

Sedentary? Not for much longer.

I anticipate being on the move again. Call this the gap year I never took. Looking back upon my last year of school, I wonder if I really got anything out of it. During my brief visit back a few weeks ago, I garnered much more advice from professors and clarity on what could unfurl, on what my future could hold, than I ever got when I was still a student. Such is life I suppose. So many people go through university without much direction or passion; perhaps it is the rigidity of class structures (the ever prevailing lecture style form of education) that brutally suppresses one's inner drive through the demoralizing feeling of seemingly being unable to learn the material. Whatever the case may be, I am taking the time, right now, to figure out exactly what I am interested in doing for a good long time. Who knows, maybe I won't have to go back to school at all. I am beginning to realize that the structured, linear path and the spontaneous, unpredictable path do not have to be and probably never are (despite people's delicate, detailed planning and the family's neverending concerns) mutually exclusive.

2 comments:

Jesaca Soubi Lin said...

Amanda, maybe you should do some travel writing while you're out there!

Armando said...

dude this so wize u should so submit ur writings to a travel writing place Ur graat nice work on this blog i love it!
armen
keep it up!